Scents of perfume wafting on the breeze, a palette of colours to delight! There are few gardening experiences that cram so much magic into a moment as when you step into a spring garden.
The secret is to keep this new “spring feeling” all year round. It is easy to bring the best out of the garden when you pamper the plants with their favourite food. A complete balanced organic fertilizer can maintain this spring magic all year long.
Nothing uplifts a gardener’s spirit quite like planting a swathe of their favourite colour throughout the garden beds, or glorious hanging baskets, or even into the patio containers. To keep them flourishing do these basics right.
FERTILIZE FOR BEST BLOOMS AS FOLLOWS:
1. Condition spring beds by tilling generous quantities of quality compost or Fertilis Earthworm Castings into the soil, or potting mix for containers.
2. Spread Talborne Organics Eco-Green “All-in-One” Seedling Food (the “pink” packet) over the area to be planted. A 1kg packet covers 5 square metres of planting area. For containers mix 50g to 80g per 1 Litre of potting mix.
3. Then plant seedlings immediately.
4. Water at least 2 to 3 times per week
5. Then watch them bloom, and bloom for about 3 months!
6. Sprinkle another top up feed of Talborne Seedling Food and they will continue to bloom for another 2 to 3 months.
7. To prolong blooming, regularly clip or pinch off old blooms to stimulate new flowers.
8. If stems get to lanky trim to shape and they will continue growing and blooming again.
9. When the summer seedlings start to fade, prepare and plant the winter seedling beds to continue the colour thrill!