Vermicast works best when used at planting.
For advice on using Vermicast on crops & or in commercial growing – please contact us.
Conditioning soils before planting vegetable and herb seedlings:
It is essential to condition soils for successful vegetable production before planting.
- Condition soil before planting seeds or seedlings: Till SoilCare Earthworm Castings into topsoil at 1 to 2 cups (250 to 500ml) per m²
- Planting seedlings: Apply 2ml to 5ml into planting hole
- Planting trees and shrubs: Mix with soil in planting hole 500ml to 2L of SoilCare Earthworm Castings. Adjust for tree or shrub size.
Add to enrich Growing, Potting, and Seedling Mediums: Mix ratio 15 to 20% of SoilCare Earthworm Castings to commercial medium or on farm mix.
Turf Care & Landscape Maintenance:
- Lawn Topdressing: Apply 250ml per m² every 6 months to condition soil
- Conditioning of Flower Beds, Rose Gardens: Apply 250ml per m² every 3 to 6 months as required.
- Trees & Shrubs: Spread 500ml to 2L around rootzone every 6 months. Adjust for tree or shrub size.
Watering after application is recommended.